This month’s Regional Snapshot provides an overview of the most relevant trends in our metro economy- topics include job growth by sector, changes in wage levels, and trends in residential and commercial (by type) permit and construction activity.
Highlights from this snapshot:
- Metro Atlanta continues to be a national leader in job growth, though Atlanta’s growth rate has slowed since late 2017, hovering just above the national average
- Wages continue to see positive annual growth, but growth is still sluggish
- Strongest year-over-year employment growth found in lower wage sectors, including construction and leisure & hospitality
- Home prices remain above pre-recession peak, though still well below the 20 (largest) city composite
- Office and retail construction levels similar to last year, with nearly five million square feet of office space and roughly two million square feet of retail space currently under construction in metro Atlanta.
Click through the slides below or download the PDF 2019 Regional Economic Snapshot.